Pages

1 January 2017

New Year. New Blog. New Me.

Hello & welcome to the first official blog post for Pin & Trim!
The new year is always thought of as a chance to change, for self improvement; hence why I have decided to officially launch this blog today. The beginning of a new year & a start of a new, more exciting blog. If you have followed me from my previous blog - Dress Me, I'm Your Mannequin - then welcome back. Or if you're new, I hope you enjoy what you see. But make sure to subscribe, so you never miss any exciting new content!

So why the change? Well I have been blogging for well over 6 years now & in that time, I have changed a great deal. Back then fashion consumed me; I used to give my all so that one day I could become a fashion designer. But things change & people change. Don't get me wrong, I still love designing & sewing & have the up most respect for the designers, but I have since discovered new passions in life. So with that, I felt it was time to refresh my blog, to give it a new name & to make it more professional, since that's how I have always seen it!
The name choice? Well it combines my two loves of fashion & fitness - "Pin" representing a piece of sewing equipment & "Trim" representing keeping fit & healthy. Plus it sounds a lot catchier than the previous blog!
As for me... Well as for New Years resolutions, I don't have any! I will continue my fitness journey - which I welcome you to follow on here & through my social media - because I love it & love how empowering it makes me feel. I have also made a big decision - that it is ok not to work in fashion, even though I have a fashion degree. If the fashion industry no longer makes me happy, then why pursue? I have decided to take a whole new career path, of which I will give just as much enthusiasm & hard work too as I did fashion. However this career is what makes me happy now! Some of you might be able to guess what it is, but for now, I am going to leave you guessing until a job is secure!
As for fashion. I still LOVE it. It has been a huge part of my life for so, so long. I still enjoy designing, pattern cutting & sewing & love seeing what new creations designers bring each season. But for now, fashion to me will remain an interest & commissioned work only.
And as for New Year... Not sure what direction to take yourself yet? Well subscribe, as I have a blog post just for you, coming very soon!
All the best for the New Year & hope you enjoy my new blog!
Sally.

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment